Jay Leno has been released from the hospital after suffering burns



CNN

Jay Leno has been released from the hospital after suffering burns in a gasoline fire about nine days ago.

The former “Tonight Show” host, 72, was released from the Grossman Burn Center in Los Angeles on Monday, the center said in a statement, along with sharing a photo of the comedian with some members of his care team.

Jay Leno with Grossman Burn Center staff on Monday.

“Comedian Jay Leno was released from the Grossman Burn Center today,” the hospital said in a news release. “Jay will receive follow-up care at the Grossman Outpatient Burn Clinic for burns to his face, chest and hands sustained in a fire in his home’s garage.”

Leno, an avid car collector, was working under the vehicle when it caught fire. He underwent two surgeries to treat his injuries, his doctor, Dr. Peter Grossman.

“I am pleased with Jay’s progress and optimistic that he will make a full recovery,” Grossman said Monday.

“Jay would like to let everyone know how grateful he is for the care he received and greatly appreciates all the well wishes,” the hospital said in a statement. “He looks forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a happy holiday.”

Leave a Comment